The new roof on your home might be a huge investment that you probably don’t want to repeat any time soon, as roofing Omaha homes has to be done professionally versus a DIY project, so here are a few tips for you about how you can increase the longevity of your roof:
- Keep the roof surface clean – the wind carries dust, leaves, twigs, feathers and other kind of debris that gets deposited on your roof. When it rains, the accumulated debris absorbs water and locks it in, preventing the roof underneath from drying properly and ultimately damaging it. Make sure that your roof surface is always clean and you will be able to enjoy the benefits of your care and attention;
- Maintain the gutters, too – airborne debris can accumulate inside the gutter pipes as well, causing clogs and preventing the gutters from doing their job of directing water away from your roof and from your walls. Make sure you clean your gutters regularly or at least each time after you clean the roof;
- Trim the trees around the roof – trees with limbs overhanging your roof might keep shade and look great, but they can also damage your roof if a large branch breaks and falls onto the roof. Make sure to remove branches that look weak or touch your roof and you will have a more durable roof.
via Blogger Tips to Increase the Longevity of Your Roof
The weather might get chilly in Omaha around Thanksgiving, but there is very little chance of rain, so it is a great place to spend Thanksgiving attending events outdoors and having a great, festive dinner on the patio.
The city of Omaha hosts lots of great event on Thanksgiving Day as well as during the Thanksgiving weekend – here are some:
- The Holiday Lights Festival – the festival starts on the Thursday before Thanksgiving, with spectacular, bright lights installed by roofing companies Omaha is home to all over the city, with family-friendly concerts that you can attend for free and with a fair in the Old Market;
- Join the 5K Turkey Trot – whether you are a runner, a jogger or you prefer to walk, the Trot is an excellent opportunity to burn some calories before your Thanksgiving feast. The event starts at around 9 AM and there is a small registration fee that you have to pay to attend;
- Feasting in a restaurant – many restaurants in the city offer special Thanksgiving treats and feasts. If you want some variety this year and you are looking for a way to enjoy great food without having to toil in the kitchen for hours, make a reservation at a local restaurant and savor their Thanksgiving specials.
via Blogger Tips for Celebrating Thanksgiving in Omaha
Roofing issues, such as debris falling off the roof or a large leak on your living room ceiling might look scary, but it does not always mean that your roof needs to be instantly replaced. Same is true for commercial buildings that have leaks. Here are a few of the most common roofing issues and some help to decide whether you need a new roof or you can still fix the existing one:
- Roof leaks – if this is the first time you get a roof leak, the problem is probably caused by an incidentally displaced or damaged shingle or tile and it is easy to fix. However, if you get one leak after the other and roof patching does not seem to be able to stop the process, the damage has probably reached the deeper layers of the roof and you can start saving up for the replacement;
- Roof sagging – this problem is usually caused by damaged structural elements, such as support beams. Fortunately, there are great modern techniques that can be used to lift the roof and to hold it up until the damaged beam gets replaced. However, the extent of the damage needs to be evaluated by an expert – if the deterioration is caused by a generalized problem and it affects multiple beams, you might need a completely new roof. If you or your business need great residential and commercial roofing contractors Omaha NE has them.
via Blogger Is It Time to Repair Your Roof or Replace It Entirely?
Roofs are continuously exposed to the elements and they need some care to be able to keep up their performance – here are a few tasks that are essential for making sure your roof will resist the coming winter, however harsh it will be:
- Cleaning – removing the dirt and the debris carried by the wind and deposited on the roof and on the components adjacent to it is essential for preserving the health of your roof. Accumulated debris can absorb water and damage the roof underneath as well as the gutters, so the most important thing to do before winter is to clean the roof surface as well as the gutter;
- Inspection – when your gutter and your roof are clean, it is time to check them for damage. Look for displaced shingles, cupping or blistering shingles, missing surface granules, cracked or chipped tiles, corroded gutters, damaged flashing;
- Repair – if you feel comfortable moving on roofs and climbing high up on ladders, you can try and fix the issues you have found. However, these minor repairs are quite affordable even when they are performed by an expert from C & S Roofing of Omaha, so if you want to make sure your roof is handled professionally, hire a roofer for the entire process.
via Blogger Roofing Maintenance Tasks to Prepare for Winter