Lack of maintenance is often the cause of many roof problems. Scheduling periodic inspections is the responsibility of building owners. These inspections can be visual or performed with special equipment, and they bring the following benefits:
· Increasing roof lifetime, resulting in consistent savings
A roof maintenance program, along with its accurate design, execution and installation, can add many years to its lifespan. For example the 15-year expected lifetime of a PVC or TPO membrane roof can become even 30 years.
· Reducing heating and cooling costs by detecting ineffective thermo insulation and taking the necessary measures
· Optimizing the cost of the roof repair
· Avoiding any problems caused by water infiltration, which implies unpredictable costs of repairing interior finishes, furniture and equipment, objects affected by moisture etc.
· Increasing the quality of the indoor environment
Water infiltrated into the structure of the roof can lead to the apparition of mildew and mold.
· Eliminating the risk of structural degradation of the roof
Roof elements that are inspected every time include
· Gutters and downspouts
· Attic windows
· Screw assemblies
· Sealing elements
· Chimneys and other penetrations
· The wooden structure of the roof
Keep in mind that unlike a car, which makes dubious noises when it does not work well, the roof will not announce you it has a problem until very late. It was always been harder and more expensive to repair than to maintain, so make sure to schedule your annual inspections with C & S Roofing on time.
via Blogger What To Know About The Roof Inspection Process
An apartment complex, like any other building, needs a solid roof to protect the building and those who live in it. The roof has to be the first element to consider when you plan a renovation project, as roofing problems can later affect the building's constructive features, including its structural resistance.
To know if your apartment complex needs a new roof, first hire a roofer experienced in commercial roofing Omaha located and licensed to make a thorough inspection and identify the problems. Signs that you must think about a roof replacement include:
An outdated appearance of the roof
Sometimes simply cleaning the roof can be a sufficient measure to fix this problem. In other situations, for example when there are signs of rust on a metal roof, a new paint layer is the solution that can help you restore the roof. However, when the roof is worn out and degraded, there is nothing much you can do about it. In this case, you must start the preparation to install a new roof.
The roof retains moisture and is leaking
Water damage and infiltrations to the interior walls and the roof substructure represent a sign that the roof requires prompt repairs. If the repairs cannot resolve the problem completely, it is time to consider a replacement project.
via Blogger Does your apartment complex need a new roof?
Wind damage causes millions of dollars of damage in roofs throughout the country. As hurricanes and major storms are becoming increasingly frequent even in areas that used to be safe from such extreme weather events, property owners are paying more attention to protecting their properties, especially their roofs against storm damage – here are some of the most common protection measures available:
- Thorough inspection, followed by repairs – the process starts with cleaning the entire roof area as well as the adjacent parts, such as the gutters. The roof is then inspected inch by inch by a professional roof repair Omaha contractor to identify any weak points and faults, any parts that do not fit properly or have been damaged and are likely to be torn off by the next storm and in the final phase all the issues identified during the inspection are addressed to fortify the roof;
- Landscape adjustments – storms damage roofs not only by ripping off loose or damaged covering components, but also by tearing off tree limbs and dropping them on the roof. The best way to avoid the issue is to cut off any branches that overhang the roof;
- Techniques for stronger fastening – there are various methods, such as special roof harnesses and brackets, that can be used for fixing the roof more tightly to the walls of the building.
via Blogger Tips for Protecting Your Roof Against Wind Damage
There is more than one way how excessive amounts of snow can damage your roof – here are some:
- Pressure – any type of snow is very heavy, putting pressure on the entire surface of the roofs as well as on the gutters. Fresher powder snow is the lightest of all forms of frozen water and the easiest to remove, followed by wet snow and then ice, so the best and easiest way to prevent a roof sagging and roof collapse in winter is to remove the snow as soon as you can;
- The formation of ice dams – when a thick layer of snow settles on a poorly insulated roof, the warm air from inside the home meets the layer of snow that touches directly the roof. As a result, the snow melts into water that runs down on the side of the roof, freezing again, but this time into the form of long, transparent icicles. The icicles, also called ice dams, accumulate at the edge of the roof or on the gutters, stressing these housing components and dragging them down, have them repaired by one of the roofing companies Omaha communities support;
- Leaks – when the thick blanket of snow on your roof melts, the water can easily penetrate into the deeper layers of the roof, causing leaks to appear on the ceilings of your rooms.
via Blogger How Excessive Snowfall Can Hurt Your Roof
Professional roofers offer not only roof maintenance and roof repair services, but assistance with insurance claims for home owners whose roof sustained storm damage. Here is what they can do for you:
- Inspection and documentation – when your roof suffers storm damage, the first task that you should do is to document the damage. Your roofing expert is your best help in the process because roofers know how to detect even the thinnest hairline cracks to take pictures of and to include into the claims documentation;
- Putting together your claims file – your insurer probably has specific procedures that must be observed while preparing and submitting claims files. Your roofer can help you fill in the related forms, include the proof of the damage and submit the file by the deadline;
- Help with negotiations – talking to your insurer, negotiating the amount that you can get in compensation is not easy either. Your roofer can help in this phase as well – he can join you in the negotiations, he can help you with ideas about how to handle the solutions offered by the insurer and he can tell you whether the compensation you have been offered is fair or not. Get the roof repair help you need, even a company that will work with your insurance company, see http://www.candsroofingomaha.com/roof-repair/.
via Blogger Can Roofers Help with Storm Damage Claims?
Roofing safety is essential during the holidays as well, especially as the winter holidays are the time when all the homes are embellished on the outside as well, with many of the decorations installed on the roof. Here is how to have spectacular decorations on your roof without harming your tiles or shingles:
- Use suitable fasteners – nails, needles and stitches destroy roofing covers, puncturing and tearing shingles or cracking clay tiles. Make sure that your decorations are fastened with tape or with special fasteners, such as roof clips, that fix decorations without damaging your roof;
- Use outdoor decorations – many homeowners make the mistake of using light strings intended for indoor use on their roof. Indoor lights cannot resist the weather, what’s more, they are dangerous to use outdoors because they can get short-circuited and cause fires;
- Install your decorations when the light conditions are suitable – it is safer to work on the roof in the morning, when you can see exactly what you are doing and you can watch your step more carefully;
- Avoid stepping on the roof – no matter how sturdy your roof is, avoid stepping on it as much as possible – walking on the roof is harmful for the roof and dangerous for you, It's best to have one of the professional roofing companies Omaha NE is home to, do the work as they know all about the weak parts of a roof.
via Blogger Keeping Your Roof Safe During Holiday Decorating
The new roof on your home might be a huge investment that you probably don’t want to repeat any time soon, as roofing Omaha homes has to be done professionally versus a DIY project, so here are a few tips for you about how you can increase the longevity of your roof:
- Keep the roof surface clean – the wind carries dust, leaves, twigs, feathers and other kind of debris that gets deposited on your roof. When it rains, the accumulated debris absorbs water and locks it in, preventing the roof underneath from drying properly and ultimately damaging it. Make sure that your roof surface is always clean and you will be able to enjoy the benefits of your care and attention;
- Maintain the gutters, too – airborne debris can accumulate inside the gutter pipes as well, causing clogs and preventing the gutters from doing their job of directing water away from your roof and from your walls. Make sure you clean your gutters regularly or at least each time after you clean the roof;
- Trim the trees around the roof – trees with limbs overhanging your roof might keep shade and look great, but they can also damage your roof if a large branch breaks and falls onto the roof. Make sure to remove branches that look weak or touch your roof and you will have a more durable roof.
via Blogger Tips to Increase the Longevity of Your Roof
The weather might get chilly in Omaha around Thanksgiving, but there is very little chance of rain, so it is a great place to spend Thanksgiving attending events outdoors and having a great, festive dinner on the patio.
The city of Omaha hosts lots of great event on Thanksgiving Day as well as during the Thanksgiving weekend – here are some:
- The Holiday Lights Festival – the festival starts on the Thursday before Thanksgiving, with spectacular, bright lights installed by roofing companies Omaha is home to all over the city, with family-friendly concerts that you can attend for free and with a fair in the Old Market;
- Join the 5K Turkey Trot – whether you are a runner, a jogger or you prefer to walk, the Trot is an excellent opportunity to burn some calories before your Thanksgiving feast. The event starts at around 9 AM and there is a small registration fee that you have to pay to attend;
- Feasting in a restaurant – many restaurants in the city offer special Thanksgiving treats and feasts. If you want some variety this year and you are looking for a way to enjoy great food without having to toil in the kitchen for hours, make a reservation at a local restaurant and savor their Thanksgiving specials.
via Blogger Tips for Celebrating Thanksgiving in Omaha
Roofing issues, such as debris falling off the roof or a large leak on your living room ceiling might look scary, but it does not always mean that your roof needs to be instantly replaced. Same is true for commercial buildings that have leaks. Here are a few of the most common roofing issues and some help to decide whether you need a new roof or you can still fix the existing one:
- Roof leaks – if this is the first time you get a roof leak, the problem is probably caused by an incidentally displaced or damaged shingle or tile and it is easy to fix. However, if you get one leak after the other and roof patching does not seem to be able to stop the process, the damage has probably reached the deeper layers of the roof and you can start saving up for the replacement;
- Roof sagging – this problem is usually caused by damaged structural elements, such as support beams. Fortunately, there are great modern techniques that can be used to lift the roof and to hold it up until the damaged beam gets replaced. However, the extent of the damage needs to be evaluated by an expert – if the deterioration is caused by a generalized problem and it affects multiple beams, you might need a completely new roof. If you or your business need great residential and commercial roofing contractors Omaha NE has them.
via Blogger Is It Time to Repair Your Roof or Replace It Entirely?
Roofs are continuously exposed to the elements and they need some care to be able to keep up their performance – here are a few tasks that are essential for making sure your roof will resist the coming winter, however harsh it will be:
- Cleaning – removing the dirt and the debris carried by the wind and deposited on the roof and on the components adjacent to it is essential for preserving the health of your roof. Accumulated debris can absorb water and damage the roof underneath as well as the gutters, so the most important thing to do before winter is to clean the roof surface as well as the gutter;
- Inspection – when your gutter and your roof are clean, it is time to check them for damage. Look for displaced shingles, cupping or blistering shingles, missing surface granules, cracked or chipped tiles, corroded gutters, damaged flashing;
- Repair – if you feel comfortable moving on roofs and climbing high up on ladders, you can try and fix the issues you have found. However, these minor repairs are quite affordable even when they are performed by an expert from C & S Roofing of Omaha, so if you want to make sure your roof is handled professionally, hire a roofer for the entire process.
via Blogger Roofing Maintenance Tasks to Prepare for Winter
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.