If a severe hailstorm damaged your roof, you must mot panic, but gather yourself together and react promptly, following the best course of actions.
Make a visual inspection of the roof and use your phone or photo camera to take pictures or to film the damaged materials. If necessary, use the zoom function, but do not climb the roof unless you have adequate safety equippment.
Hailstorms typically affect entire areas, so it is common, after such an event, to receive unsollicited visits from so-called roofers who offer you very good prices for repairing your roof. Stay away from them, because there is a good chance that you get conned. Contact a reliable roofer instead and allow specialists to inspect your roof, then ask for a written estimate.
Find out how to manage hail damage right after a storm at https://www.candsroofingomaha.com/.
First Posted over here: Timeline Of Dealing With A Hail Damaged Roof
via Blogger Timeline Of Dealing With A Hail Damaged Roof
Not all people are specialists in construction and architecture,
As winter is nearing the end, it is good to know that bad
Use the information
Perform a visual inspection. Regardless the materials (fiber
Check the gutters and downspouts. Problems with the drainage system include debris that may create blockages, but also cracks or damaged sections. For roof maintenance and repair, see
First Posted on: Checklist For Your Roof Inspection
via Blogger Checklist For Your Roof Inspection
Are you living in Nebraska and you are considering a metallic roof for your business? That`s a great idea and we are going to tell you why.
· A metal roof can be installed without removing the existing one
Even if you already have a roof, you can "change" it by installing a metal roof on top of it. This will make the roofing project quicker and more efficient.
· The metal roof is soundproofed
In the past, one of the problems of metal roofs was that they were quite noisy during storms. This aspect has now improved, all thanks to the new materials and joining tapes that stifle noises.
· A metal roof is very resistant
Say "goodbye" to insects, moss, rot, mold, large amounts of snow, or the risk of fire. A metal roof has nothing to do with these problems. Also, abandon your concerns about its durability. A metal roof lasts for decades and you will not have to worry its maintenance, neither too often, nor too much.
· A metal roof does not allow water to infiltrate
Considering that metal plates and shingles are perfectly joined together and their surface is slippery, the rainwater will not infiltrate under the roof. Also, a metal roof has anti-corrosive layers, so degradation is unlikely to happen in normal conditions. There are plenty of skilled metal roofing contractors Omaha has for installation as well as maintenance for this type of roofing.
via Blogger Why Metal Roofs Are Great For Nebraska Businesses
Lack of maintenance is often the cause of many roof problems. Scheduling periodic inspections is the responsibility of building owners. These inspections can be visual or performed with special equipment, and they bring the following benefits:
· Increasing roof lifetime, resulting in consistent savings
A roof maintenance program, along with its accurate design, execution and installation, can add many years to its lifespan. For example the 15-year expected lifetime of a PVC or TPO membrane roof can become even 30 years.
· Reducing heating and cooling costs by detecting ineffective thermo insulation and taking the necessary measures
· Optimizing the cost of the roof repair
· Avoiding any problems caused by water infiltration, which implies unpredictable costs of repairing interior finishes, furniture and equipment, objects affected by moisture etc.
· Increasing the quality of the indoor environment
Water infiltrated into the structure of the roof can lead to the apparition of mildew and mold.
· Eliminating the risk of structural degradation of the roof
Roof elements that are inspected every time include
· Gutters and downspouts
· Attic windows
· Screw assemblies
· Sealing elements
· Chimneys and other penetrations
· The wooden structure of the roof
Keep in mind that unlike a car, which makes dubious noises when it does not work well, the roof will not announce you it has a problem until very late. It was always been harder and more expensive to repair than to maintain, so make sure to schedule your annual inspections with C & S Roofing on time.
via Blogger What To Know About The Roof Inspection Process
An apartment complex, like any other building, needs a solid roof to protect the building and those who live in it. The roof has to be the first element to consider when you plan a renovation project, as roofing problems can later affect the building's constructive features, including its structural resistance.
To know if your apartment complex needs a new roof, first hire a roofer experienced in commercial roofing Omaha located and licensed to make a thorough inspection and identify the problems. Signs that you must think about a roof replacement include:
An outdated appearance of the roof
Sometimes simply cleaning the roof can be a sufficient measure to fix this problem. In other situations, for example when there are signs of rust on a metal roof, a new paint layer is the solution that can help you restore the roof. However, when the roof is worn out and degraded, there is nothing much you can do about it. In this case, you must start the preparation to install a new roof.
The roof retains moisture and is leaking
Water damage and infiltrations to the interior walls and the roof substructure represent a sign that the roof requires prompt repairs. If the repairs cannot resolve the problem completely, it is time to consider a replacement project.
via Blogger Does your apartment complex need a new roof?
Wind damage causes millions of dollars of damage in roofs throughout the country. As hurricanes and major storms are becoming increasingly frequent even in areas that used to be safe from such extreme weather events, property owners are paying more attention to protecting their properties, especially their roofs against storm damage – here are some of the most common protection measures available:
- Thorough inspection, followed by repairs – the process starts with cleaning the entire roof area as well as the adjacent parts, such as the gutters. The roof is then inspected inch by inch by a professional roof repair Omaha contractor to identify any weak points and faults, any parts that do not fit properly or have been damaged and are likely to be torn off by the next storm and in the final phase all the issues identified during the inspection are addressed to fortify the roof;
- Landscape adjustments – storms damage roofs not only by ripping off loose or damaged covering components, but also by tearing off tree limbs and dropping them on the roof. The best way to avoid the issue is to cut off any branches that overhang the roof;
- Techniques for stronger fastening – there are various methods, such as special roof harnesses and brackets, that can be used for fixing the roof more tightly to the walls of the building.
via Blogger Tips for Protecting Your Roof Against Wind Damage
There is more than one way how excessive amounts of snow can damage your roof – here are some:
- Pressure – any type of snow is very heavy, putting pressure on the entire surface of the roofs as well as on the gutters. Fresher powder snow is the lightest of all forms of frozen water and the easiest to remove, followed by wet snow and then ice, so the best and easiest way to prevent a roof sagging and roof collapse in winter is to remove the snow as soon as you can;
- The formation of ice dams – when a thick layer of snow settles on a poorly insulated roof, the warm air from inside the home meets the layer of snow that touches directly the roof. As a result, the snow melts into water that runs down on the side of the roof, freezing again, but this time into the form of long, transparent icicles. The icicles, also called ice dams, accumulate at the edge of the roof or on the gutters, stressing these housing components and dragging them down, have them repaired by one of the roofing companies Omaha communities support;
- Leaks – when the thick blanket of snow on your roof melts, the water can easily penetrate into the deeper layers of the roof, causing leaks to appear on the ceilings of your rooms.
via Blogger How Excessive Snowfall Can Hurt Your Roof