Roofs are complex structures that are built to resist any weather and to protect the home underneath. All roofing components play their own, very important role – here are the most important components and what they do:
- The roof covering material – asphalt shingles, clay tiles, metal panels, wood shingles and slate are the most common materials used to build the topmost layer of roofs;
- Flashing – stripes of material installed in areas where two roof slopes meet or around chimneys and vents and they serve the purpose of waterproofing sensitive roof areas;
- Vents – they serve the ventilation of the attic and they are also there to make sure that no condense can build up underneath the roof;
- Decking – the layer on which the roof covering rests and which is used to make the roof solid and durable, if this gets damaged, you will to do a roof replacement Omaha roofers can do;
- Ridge – the topmost, horizontal line of the roof, usually covered with special protective material, such as ridge caps;
- Drip edge – the moulding at the edge of the roof that is installed to reduce the risks of water damage;
- The gutters – though not integral part of the roof, the gutter pipes that collect the water running down the roof slopes and direct the water away from the building.
via Blogger What Parts of The Roof Are the Most Important?
Whatever material your roof is made from, it needs some of your attention in fall. With the help of a few maintenance operations, you can easily make sure the roof is able to resist the rainy periods in fall and the cold, wet weather in winter – here are a few tips about how to preserve the condition of your roof in October:
- The importance of cleaning – thorough cleaning should be the first operation, whatever maintenance you are planning for your roof. It is important for removing debris and dirt that traps water and causes damage to the roofing cover as well as for creating an area that you can inspect thoroughly without obstacles;
- Check every inch of your roof – when the roof is clean, take a very close look at it to be able to find any damage that can cause leaks and other problems. Look for cracks, dents, damaged flashing, damaged gutters;
- Fix the issues you have found – replace the damaged roofing materials and repair all the issues that you find;
- Apply weatherproof coating – when the roof is clean and repaired, it is time to make sure it stays that way, too. Find the waterproof coating that best suits your roof and apply it according to the instructions to improve your roof’s resistance to excessive amounts of water. For great professional roofing help, stop by http://www.candsroofingomaha.com/.
via Blogger How to Keep Your Roof in Excellent Condition This October
Nebraska is a state that stretches both in the Great Plains and in the Midwest and it is located on Tornado Alley, in the area most frequently affected by huge storms. The state features two climate areas: a humid continental area in the east and a semi-arid area in the west.
The roofs chosen for Nebraska homes need to be able to withstand the weather conditions of the area and they need to be able to resist the strongest storms as well. Here are some materials that can meet all the requirements:
- Metal – a great choice for any region in the state, metal roofs are lightweight, but strong, durable and resistant to any weather, even to hail, tornadoes and hurricanes, and the metal roofing contractors Omaha has are the best at installation;
- Clay tiles – this traditional material also stands strong in nasty weather, in rain and harsh sunshine, in strong winds and hail. Clay tiles need professional installation to be as durable as expected – nailing or otherwise fixing the tile takes knowledge and experience;
- Asphalt roofs – they are not as durable as metal and clay, but if the shingles are properly fixed and maintained, they make excellent solutions for Kansas roofs. They are also available in impact-resistant varieties that can resist even the largest hail stones.
via Blogger The Best Roofing Materials for Nebraska
Metal is a great, durable roofing material that is extensively used on commercial and industrial buildings – here are a few of the benefits that have convinced so many business owners to use metal roofs on their facilities:
- Strength – properly installed and maintained metal roofs by a commercial roofing Omaha professional can withstand strong storms, heavy rain and snow, fire and harsh sunshine;
- Affordability – metal roofing systems are among the most affordable of all the available roofing solutions;
- Size does not matter – metal roofs can be used on very large roofs as well;
- Aesthetic value – whether shiny or colored, textured or plain, metal roofs add visual appeal to the buildings they are installed on. Building owners can choose from a very wide range of colors and textures and if the best fit is not in the catalogues, the perfect design can be custom-ordered;
- Easy installation – metal roofs can be installed very quickly, a few days is usually enough even for the largest roofs;
- Low maintenance – metal roofs need to be thoroughly inspected for leaks, signs of rust and of corrosion at least twice a year, but if the roof is regularly cleaned and coated, the inspection will probably return no issue or only small problems that are easy to fix.
via Blogger Why Metal Roofs Are A Great Choice for Commercial Buildings